Super Bowl LII Predictions

Super Bowl LII is upon us. Today, the New England Patriots will play against the Philadelphia Eagles. The game will be played at 6:30 PM EST, at the US Bank Stadium in Minnesota. So, what do we think is going to happen?

Right off the bat, the Patriots seem the favorite to win. FiveThirtyEight gives them a 58% chance of winning. However, that still leaves the Eagles with a 42% chance to win. Basically, this game could go either way. If we had to pick a winner, we’d pick the Patriots.

Patriots will most likely get more passing yards than the Eagles, as Tom Brady has proved himself to be unstoppable. The Eagles, on the other hand, are playing with their backup quarterback Nick Foles after Carson Wentz was injured. In 2017 alone, Tom Brady has thrown for over 4,000 yards and 32 touchdowns. Nick Foles has only thrown for 537 yards and 5 touchdowns.

It looks like the Eagles are favored to get more rushing yards, with their top 2 running backs totaling 1,639 yards and 3 touchdowns this season. However, the Patriots may get more rushing touchdowns, as their top 2 running backs totaled 1,160 yards and 11 touchdowns this season.

Eagles defense is ranked just above Patriot’s defense. Both teams allow about 18 and a half points a game. The teams are practically tied when it comes to points scored per game. The Eagles and the Patriots scored an average of 28.6 points each game this season.

So, passing yards and touchdowns heavily favor the Patriots. However, rushing yards and defense favor the Eagles. This game is sure to come down to the wire, and one wrong move could ruin it all.

About Holden

Holden is the creator of holdencasey.com. He is the lead editor and consistently writes about politics and finance. He often writes unbiasedly, but occasionally provides a liberal viewpoint in his work.
View all posts by Holden →

1 thought on “Super Bowl LII Predictions

  1. the sports section is pretty dry, really the WHOLE SITE is pretty dry lately! what happened !@?!?@!@?|!?@!|@?!
    !@|!|@!”|!@{|@}{|!!|@@%_+

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *